Hello. I am a game developer, audio specialist, and Audio Lead on the upcoming official Planet of the Apes VR experience.
In my free time I am currently working on Curvish, having received £30,000 funding from the UK Games Fund.
- Bachelor of Music (Hons) Composition - Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Master of Design Sound for the Moving Image (Distinction) - Glasgow School of Art
- Master of Science Serious Games and Virtual Reality (Merit, Scholar) - Glasgow School of Art
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- BAFTA New Talent Awards 2011, Nomination for Best Original Score (Room 9)
- Scottish Music Centre’s Composition Marathon Selection 2013
- Arches LIVE Selection 2013
- Edinburgh International Film Festival Composition Talent Lab Selection 2014
- Arches LIVE Selection 2014
- National Theatre of Scotland Residency Award 2015
- Scottish Institute for Enterprise Young Innovators Award Finalist 2015
- Tête à Tête Opera Festival Selection 2015
- Scottish Funding Council Scholarship Award 2015
- Global Game Jam 2016 (Glasgow), Won 'Best Gameplay' (Curvish)
- IGDA Edinburgh Play Party 2016, Won 'Best Game' (Curvish)
- IGDA Glasgow Play Party 2016, Won 'Best Game' (Curvish)
- Hack_Construct Scotland 2016, Winner (GeniLoci)
- UK Games Fund Tranzfuser Award 2016, Winner (Curvish)
- Creative Scotland Curiosity Award 2016, Winner (FigureFlight)
GSA Sustainability Degree Show Prize, Runner Up (FigureFlight)
Get in touch! You can reach me at alexander horowitz (at) gmail (dot) com.